What information we collect about you
When you use the Website, we may collect, hold, use and disclose certain information about individuals which may constitute personal data, including sensitive data, under the EU Data Protection Directive and implementing laws and other similar laws of the Middle East, including
- information you enter and post through the Website, if applicable;
- correspondence between you and ADSS, including, but not limited to, emails; and
- certain information about your usage of the Website, which is collected via cookies (see below), including your domain name, IP address, your browser version, your operating system, the URL you came from (including third party URLs), the pages you visit within the Website and the URL to which you go when you leave the Website (including third party URLs).
If you use a service provided by a third party, such third party may provide information about you, and possibly the services used, to ADSS.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may record and monitor electronic communications to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies and for the purposes outlined below.
Using your information
We will process any personal data which we obtain from you fairly and lawfully for the following specified purposes only:
- evaluating and processing your application for any services, including conducting relevant background checks and/or other verification activities (which may include disclosure of your information to credit reference agencies and other fraud prevention agencies);
- administering our relationship with you, processing your orders and managing your account;
- marketing our products or services to you by way of mail, email or other means (whether electronic or otherwise), unless we receive an objection to receiving such information
- disclosing, renting or selling aggregated information (on an anonymous basis) regarding customers and Website users to third party advertisers;
- to statistically analyse Website usage and trends;
- to improve our internal marketing and promotional efforts;
- compliance with any legal or regulatory requirement or with any voluntary code of conduct that we elect to adopt; and
- for the purpose of, or in connection with, the detection, investigation, and prevention of fraud, intellectual property infringement, breach of any law or regulation or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability, or in order to protect our rights and property;
Disclosure of Information: We may disclose your personal data to:
- any member of our group of companies, including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, their agents, auditors, service providers, law enforcement or other government or regulatory bodies and their officials or any other person we consider reasonably necessary for the processing purposes above;
- to any actual or potential purchaser of our business and their advisers; and
- to any third party to whom we have a legal or regulatory right or duty to disclose your personal data.
Storage and retention of data
Any personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored or processed as described above at a destination anywhere in the world (including locations outside the United Arab Emirates). This may include some countries that do not provide the same statutory protection as the EU Data Protection Directive and implementing laws and other similar laws of the Middle East. By submitting any personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storage or processing.
Your rights and how to contact us
Individuals about whom we process personal data may request a copy of the personal data we hold in relation to them. You have the right to ask us to update, amend, correct and/or delete information previously provided to us about you that is wrong.
Post: P.O.Box 93894, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: 00971 2 657 2333
Any request to access or amend the personal data that we hold about you may be subject to an administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of or amending such data.
We try to protect our customers' and users' personal data and privacy, and we have implemented a security policy that guards against unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and any transmission is at your own risk. You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations, including but not limited to: (i) the limitation of security, privacy and authentication measures and features in this system; and (ii) that data or information on the Website may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, “impostering”, tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, nuking, system contamination (including, without limitation, viruses, worms, and Trojan horses) or other techniques causing unauthorised, damaging or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer, may be subject to other security or privacy hazards or may not reach its destination or may reach an erroneous address or recipient. We do not accept any liability for information which has been obtained through unauthorised access to the Website.